Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Review:It's too late to die young by Gary R Hope

3/5 stars

This book is about a man who is dying of cancer.  He is looking back on his life and is going over all of the bad things he has done in his life.

I had a hard time getting into this book.  I had no sympathy for him; I found him a unlikable and a jerk. It felt like just a play by play of all the wrongs he had done, with no remorse for them.  It wasn't until maybe the last two chapters that the story seems to have a point to it, but it is still a weak one.

I gave it 3/5 stars because the last several chapters saved the book. I was originally going to give it a 2/5 but the ending did make up for the rest of the book.  It gave the story a feeling of meaning.  Although it did feel a bit rushed.

I received this book from NetGalley for review.

No comments:

Post a Comment