Thursday, May 26, 2016

Review: The Valley of the Dry Bones by Jerry B. Jenkins

This story is 17 years into the future of the California drought.  California has become a wasteland and only a few people reside in the state.  The main character is Zeke a follower of Jesus. 

I was not able to finish this book, because I found it to be offensive.  As a Christian I was offended by having the main character tell another that their faith is wrong, or the way they worship Jesus is wrong. I didn't like the other characters who were of minority were saved by a white character.  I am not saying this was intentional, however it rubbed me the wrong way.  After 50% of the book, I could no longer continue to read.  Not only that I was offended but also the story was extremely slow and I didn't find the characters believable.  

I was disappointed in this book, because I had enjoyed the Left Behind  series by this author. 
I gave this book 1/5 stars


I received this book from NetGalley in turn for an honest review.  

No comments:

Post a Comment