Saturday, January 23, 2016

Should You DNF A Book?

  Should one, DNF a book? My answer is YES! First book I picked up to read for the year and I DNF'd (Did Not Finish) it, which is what got me thinking about this whole subject.

My reason for this is, if you are not enjoying your book then put it down.  There are so many books out there and not enough time in our lives to finish them all.  I feel readers shouldn't have to suffer through a book, when they can better spend their time reading a book that they will enjoy.

Clearly if it is for a homework assignment, it is a required review, or any other obligation you have to finish a book, that is a different story. 

If you really are struggling through a book and don't find a bit of it interesting, put it down and pick up one you will enjoy.  It will be okay not to finish a book.

What are your opinions on if you think it's okay to DNF a book.

Keep reading,

Allysa


2 comments:

  1. I completely agree! Why torture yourself when there is so much more out there to actually love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you! Life is too short to read books that you just can't seem to like. It's hard to keep up with that as a blogger, because if you get halfway through a book and don't review it but you need to post tomorrow, it's hard :c

    - Eli @ The Silver Words
    #commenting365

    ReplyDelete